Welcome to the Power Electronics for Advanced Renewable Systems Laboratory, also known more succinctly as the PEARS Lab. The mission of the PEARS Lab is to transform renewable and clean-energy systems through innovations in power electronics and control to enable a technologically-advanced and clean-powered global society. Our focus is to explore and realize outside-of-the-box solutions to problems for renewable energy systems, electric vehicles, distributed resources, microgrids, smart grid interaction, energy-efficient lighting, and more.
The PEARS Lab is a new lab starting up at Ulsan National Institute of Science and Technology (UNIST) in Ulsan, South Korea, led by Prof. Katherine A. Kim. If you are interested in learning more about our lab, forming a collaboration, or applying as a graduate student, please feel free to contact us.
- Power Electronics (DC-DC Converter and Inverter) for Photovoltaic Systems
- Energy Harvesting Power Electronics for Wearables and Internet of Things
- Photovoltaic Cell/Panel Electric and Thermal Modeling
- High-Power Density Converter and Controllers
- Power Management and Charging for Energy Storage Systems